A wonderfully-portioned, festive, plant-based meal!
Are you searching for a plant-based meal that is stuffed with festive taste? In that case, now we have the proper recipe for you! Our Chickpea Stuffed Acorn Squash combines nutritious components and a heat mix of spices to create a fully divine vacation dish. In reality, it’s so good that we really feel assured even the meat-eaters within the household will go loopy for it!
That is the time of yr that we discover ourselves surrounded by a great deal of fatty, sugary, high-calorie meals. Whereas somewhat indulgence is so as sometimes, it’s finest to decide on wholesome meals as usually as potential! Fortunately, this nutritious dish can be full of so many pleasant flavors, making it the most effective of each worlds!
Festive Taste Stuffed with Vitamins
For starters, this Chickpea Stuffed Acorn Squash is wealthy in plant-based protein, due to the wild rice and chickpeas. Wild rice is a whole protein. Like meat and eggs, it comprises all 9 important amino acids that our our bodies want. Chickpeas are additionally excessive in protein, though they’re not full. Fortunately, wild rice additionally comprises the amino acids that chickpeas lack. The rice is filling, and the chickpeas supply a satisfying meaty texture.
Different wholesome components value noting on this recipe are the acorn squash, Swiss chard, and pine nuts. Acorn squash is low in energy and an incredible supply of vitamin C, which is essential for a high-functioning immune system. Swiss chard is wealthy in magnesium, vitamin A, and vitamin Okay, all three of which assist construct sturdy bones. Lastly, pine nuts are loaded with heart-healthy fat and supply a big quantity of vitamin Okay as properly.
The mix of spices discovered on this tasty vegan recipe can be an enormous taste participant. A mixture of cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper add a heat, earthy, and barely spicy kick. It’s vital to notice that every of those spices additionally performs a task in weight reduction and a wholesome immune system!
If you happen to’re not a fan of Swiss chard, or just don’t have easy accessibility to it, spinach or kale are an incredible various. Each of those greens are tremendous wholesome too, so that you received’t be sacrificing any vitamins!
One other ingredient you could need to swap is pine nuts. They’re costly, however they’ve a novel taste and texture. Any type of nuts can technically be used instead of pine nuts. If you happen to’re going to swap them out, we advocate walnuts or pecans.
A Tremendous Simple Plant-Primarily based Meal
This recipe is definitely fairly easy, however you can also make it even simpler by making ready it upfront. You may retailer the filling and the roasted squash within the fridge individually, or you’ll be able to even pre-fill them in the event you’d like! Then, all it’s a must to do is warmth them via once you’re able to eat!
Chickpea Stuffed Acorn Squash
These stuffed acorn squash boats are stuffed with contrasting textures and unbelievable taste. Even the meat-eaters within the household received't miss the meat!
US Customary – Metric
- 3 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 purple bell pepper diced
- 1 purple onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon floor coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 15 ounces chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 Swiss chard bunch thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to style
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- contemporary cilantro chopped for garnish
- inexperienced onions chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Lower the acorn squashes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and minimize a skinny slice from the underside of every to permit them to sit down flat.
- Place the squash on the ready baking sheet, hollowed-side up. Brush each with olive oil and bake till tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook dinner the wild rice in accordance with the package deal instructions.
- In a big skillet, warmth the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium warmth. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook dinner till softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne. Prepare dinner till aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas and Swiss chard, calmly mashing the chickpeas as they cook dinner. Prepare dinner till the chickpeas are heated via and the chard is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the wild rice into the filling and season the combination with salt and pepper, to style.
- Divide the filling between the six squash halves. Return the squash to the oven to warmth the filling via, if mandatory.
- High every squash boat with the toasted pine nuts, cilantro, and inexperienced onions earlier than serving.
Serving: 1squash boat | Energy: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 1193mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4511IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 4mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9