A splendidly wholesome, on-the-go snack!
I all the time have an overabundance of pecans round my home. We’re fortunate sufficient to have planted pecan bushes years in the past. Now that they’re mature, they produce copious quantities of pecans yearly. Since we have now so many, I get pleasure from experimenting with completely different pecan recipes within the kitchen! Whereas they’re nice to eat uncooked or as a part of a path combine mix, I desire them to be well-seasoned and toasted. That’s how I got here up with this pleasant recipe for Roasted Spicy Maple Pecans!
Simple to Make, Laborious to Resist
Recipes don’t get a lot simpler than this! All you’ll want to do is take the massive, buttery pecans and place them in a big mixing bowl. Toss them with simply sufficient olive oil to maintain them from sticking. Add the candy maple syrup, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, floor cinnamon, and cloves. If you happen to like just a little extra warmth, be at liberty to extend the cayenne pepper (simply take into account that just a little goes a great distance).
Roast the pecans till they’re heat, aromatic, and barely toasty. Bear in mind to examine them continuously whereas they’re roasting, as pecans are likely to burn fairly simply. Once you take them out of the oven, attempt to withstand consuming them instantly, as a result of they are going to be very popular!
Whereas Roasted Spicy Maple Pecans are an ideal stability of candy and spicy flavors, you could desire a extra savory snack as a substitute. If that’s the case, attempt certainly one of these tasty taste combos:
- Choose your favourite herbs, resembling rosemary, thyme, or parsley. Mix these spices with salt and olive oil and roast the pecans based on the recipe.
- Experiment with extra unique spices, resembling smoked paprika, turmeric, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, or Chinese language 5 spice.
- Use a easy seasoning, resembling a cracked black pepper and salt mix or a lemon pepper seasoning.
Roasted Spicy Maple Pecans
The right snack for once you want one thing wholesome, on-the-go!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups pecan halves shelled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. floor nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. floor cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
- Toss the pecans along with remaining components on a big, rimmed baking sheet. Unfold right into a single layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, checking each 10 minutes to make sure the pecans don’t burn.
- Take away the pecans from the oven and place them on wax paper in a single layer to chill.
- Retailer in an hermetic container.
Serving: 0.25cup | Energy: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Sodium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9