Fast, straightforward, scrumptious, and wholesome: What extra may you need?
I’ve to warn you about one thing: You’ll be hooked after a single forkful of this Mediterranean Angel Hair Pasta! It’s one in all tastiest pasta dishes I’ve ever had, and it epitomizes the most effective flavors of Mediterranean delicacies. Tomatoes, capers, olives, tuna, want we are saying extra? They arrive collectively to type a light-weight, easy-to-make sauce that fully envelopes each single fantastic strand of angel hair pasta.
You possibly can use different kinds of pasta shapes when you like, however the thinness of the angel hair captures all of the flavors that make this dish so explosive. Give or take, this dish is prepared in about an hour (most of that being hands-off time to let all of the flavors merge along with the warmth). The pasta cooks fairly shortly, so ensure to arrange the sauce upfront of the pasta! In genuine Italian kitchens, the sauce all the time cooks forward of the pasta since you need the noodles to stay al dente.
Merely coat the cooked pasta with the sauce and serve it instantly. With the final coating of recent additional virgin olive oil, you’ll discover that these flavors come collectively completely!
How A lot Olive Oil?
You could be taking a look at this recipe and pondering “1 / 4 cup of olive oil, are you mad?” Don’t fear; we’re not loopy, however we do know the best way to cook dinner true Mediterranean delicacies! Good-quality olive oil is a staple of this food plan, in spite of everything, and there are various advantages to consuming extra olive oil. However, we’ll break it all the way down to guarantee you that this isn’t an unhealthy selection.
Since this recipe makes 4 parts, that quarter cup is definitely only one tablespoon per serving. It doesn’t sound fairly as unhealthy if you have a look at it that approach, proper? Now we all know that each tablespoon of olive oil has simply shy of 120 energy, and that’s nonetheless fairly a number of energy when you’re on a restricted food plan. Take a peek at the remainder of the elements, although; they’re all comparatively low in energy. The olives, tomatoes, capers, and anchovies barely register on our calorie meter, and the tuna is a lean protein, so it’s not too unhealthy both.
Whenever you break it down that approach, this sauce is basically simply flavored olive oil, so don’t be afraid to make use of that full quarter cup (you’ll thank us after you are taking your first chunk!) You would possibly turn into a convert to the Mediterranean food plan in spite of everything!
Serving Mediterranean Angel Hair Pasta
This pasta is greatest loved with a glass of chilled dry white wine with medium construction. It’s greatest when smoothened and softened with a little bit little bit of growing older in massive wood barrels (or on fantastic lees) in distinction with the extraordinary tastes of sapidity and acidity. After all, you additionally would need one thing with good persistence on the palate to go together with the depth of flavors and the fragrant flavors which might be featured on this plate. Medium structured white wines like Fiano, Vermentino, Catarratto, or Trebiano can pair fairly effectively.
Mediterranean Angel Hair Pasta
This pleasant pasta dish epitomizes the most effective flavors that Mediterranean delicacies has to supply.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 chili coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces canned tuna drained & frivolously mashed with fork
- 1 pound canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup pitted olives halved
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon fantastic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon floor pepper
- 1 pound dry angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup recent parsley finely chopped
- Over medium warmth, in a medium to massive saucepan, pour and heat up half of the olive oil then add the anchovy paste, garlic, and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tuna and sautè for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook dinner for half-hour. Midway by means of cooking, add the capers and the olives.
- Meantime, whereas the tomato sauce is cooking midway by means of, convey a giant pot of water to a boil for the pasta. When the water boils, add 2 tablespoons of coarse sea salt then cook dinner the pasta. Angel hair pasta cooks very quick, about 3 minutes so make it possible for the sauce cooks forward of the pasta.
- Combine collectively the cooked pasta and the sauce then sprinkle the parsley and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
Serving: 1cup | Energy: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 30g | Fats: 21g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 778mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 17