Pizzeria taste with out the “pizza hangover.”
I really like pizza pie! That stated, I don’t at all times love the best way heavy pizza dough and gooey cheese makes me really feel after I eat it. The answer? This Turkey Sausage and Quinoa Pizza Bowl. It satisfies my pizza cravings with all the flavors of Italian sausage pizza with out making me really feel stuffed and uncomfortable. Keep away from a “pizza hangover” and check out our skinny pizza quinoa the following time these cravings strike!
This Pizza Bowl is Stuffed with Vitamins and Taste
Make a more healthy model of an Italian sausage pizza through the use of nutrient powerhouse quinoa as a substitute of pizza dough. After the quinoa is cooked, toss in a mix of vitamin-packed greens. Lastly, high it off with Parmesan cheese and provides it some warmth with pink chili flakes. Identical to that: You’re able to take pleasure in sizzling pizzeria flavors in a bowl!
Really feel Free to Modify this Recipe
For those who don’t like turkey sausage, no drawback! You can also make some easy modifications to this fundamental recipe to copy the flavors of your favourite pizza.
First, if you happen to want hen, you need to use cooked, shredded hen and your favourite sugar-free BBQ sauce to make a BBQ Hen Pizza bowl. Or use our SkinnyMs Taco Seasoning and salsa to make a Hen Taco Pizza Bowl.
Alternately, if vegetarian pizza is extra to your liking, skip the meat altogether. Add some roasted peppers, zucchini, broccoli, or any of your different favourite veggies. You may change out the cheese too. Use your favourite shredded cheese, goat cheese, or feta. To make it a plant-based, vegan, or dairy-free pizza, depart the cheese out or use our home made dairy-free Parmesan.
Lastly, do you wish to go Paleo or grain-free? As a substitute of quinoa, use cauliflower rice. Skip the steps to arrange quinoa and add the cauliflower rice on to the skillet if you add the spinach & tomatoes. Accomplished!
Whether or not you make it our means or make it your personal means, we expect you’re going to like this Turkey Sausage and Quinoa Pizza Bowl!
Turkey Sausage and Quinoa Pizza Bowl
This dish is loaded together with your favourite pizza flavors and vitamins that can nourish your physique.
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 pound floor turkey sausage
- 1 onion diced small
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 15 ounces parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon pink chili flakes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- In a skillet on medium warmth, crumble sausage and cook dinner till browned and nearly cooked, about 5-8 minutes, turning often to make sure even browning. Drain extra oil, if wanted.
- Add onions, mushrooms, italian seasoning, salt and tomato paste. Cook dinner one other 5-6 minutes, till onions are softened and mushrooms are cooked by way of.
- Toss in chopped spinach and diced tomatoes. Stir and permit to come back to a simmer. Cowl and cook dinner one other 2-3 minutes, till spinach is wilted and every part is heated by way of.
- Pour in cooked quinoa and mix completely. Divide into bowls and high with cheese and pepper flakes.
Serving: 1cup | Energy: 643kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 50g | Fats: 28g | Saturated Fats: 14g | Ldl cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 2019mg | Potassium: 1018mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2090IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 915mg | Iron: 6mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
Have you ever made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Need recipes like this turkey sausage and pizza quinoa bowl despatched on to your inbox? In that case, remember to subscribe to our day by day eNewsletter. Then, observe us on Instagram and Pinterest for extra wholesome recipes, train ideas, meal plans, and extra!