Go forward, seize one other one!
As a caterer, I’ve developed many alternative dishes over time. I believe it’s protected to say that these Sausage Stuffed Dates with Bacon have change into one of the crucial in style objects! I’ve obtained so many requests for these tasty little morsels — extra so than another menu merchandise. To my amusement, a few of my shoppers have affectionately referred to those dates as “meat sweet,” and I can’t even blame them!
Reality be informed, I used to be hesitant to present out this recipe at first. Because it was so in style, I didn’t need to give away such a priceless secret. After a lot pondering and introspection, I made a decision to present in and share this candy, salty, meaty goodness!
Candy and Savory Deal with
To start out, discover plump, pitted medjool dates. If it’s essential take away the pit, use a small knife and lower alongside all the size of the date. You’ll really feel the pit together with your knife. Subsequent, use your fingers to open the date with out tearing it in half. Gently take away the pit together with your fingers and discard the pits.
After that, make your filling for these sausage stuffed dates. First, lower the smoked sausage into small items, about one to 2 inches in size. Utilizing your knife to make a small lower on the skin of every part, take away the pores and skin or casing. Subsequent, place the sausage filling in a meals processor together with the pecans or walnuts. Pulse the combination till you may have a dough-like consistency.
Lastly, you’ll stuff the dates with the filling. As soon as they’ve been stuffed, wrap every date in smoky bacon and bake them within the oven. When you glaze the dates with the sweet-and-spicy honey combination, they’re able to go!
No Turning Again Now
Effectively, the key is out. Go forth and wow your visitors with these wonderful Sausage Stuffed Dates. A phrase of warning: This “meat sweet” may be very wealthy, and one or two dates is greater than sufficient (though your style buds will certainly need extra). Get pleasure from!
Sausage Stuffed Dates with Bacon
These scrumptious little morsels will probably be an absolute hit at your subsequent get-together!
US Customary – Metric
- 24 medjool dates pitted, entire
- 8 ounces smoked sausage casing eliminated and lower into 1" items. We used "Pecan Smoked Beef Sausage", however any smoked sausage will work.
- 4 ounces pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 24 bacon slices
- 8 ounces honey uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or purple wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
- Place the sliced pecan smoked sausage and pecans or walnuts in a meals processor. Pulse till finely floor.
- Stuff every date with the sausage combination.
- Wrap every date with a chunk of bacon and safe it with a toothpick.
- Place the dates on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, till the bacon is nearly accomplished.
- Whereas the dates are baking, put together the glaze.
- Warmth the honey, vinegar, and cayenne pepper over medium warmth till heat however not boiling. Put aside.
- After 20 minutes, take away the dates from oven and brush them with glaze. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Glaze the dates once more and return them to the oven to bake till the bacon is crisp and golden brown. Test typically to make certain they don't burn.
- When the bacon is crisp and golden brown, take away the dates from the oven. Place every date on wax paper and permit to chill. NOTE: You may also place the dates on a wire cooling racks and place paper towels or wax paper beneath the cooling racks to catch any stray glaze. Do NOT place dates on foil, because the foil will stick.
Serving: 1date | Energy: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 15g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11