Deliver the heat and sweetness of recent banana bread to breakfast desk.
I’m assuming that because you’re right here, you like banana bread and pancakes as a lot as I do. These two marvelous consolation meals collide on this delicious banana bread pancakes recipe!
To this present day, baking banana bread with my mother is certainly one of my favourite childhood recollections. It’s a type of soothing psychological photographs I maintain on to for these dangerous days once I simply actually, really want my mother (and a few baked items.)
Within the early a part of my childhood, my mother labored from residence, so she had additional time for baking. From cookies and pies to breads and muffins, our home at all times had do-it-yourself treats. Whereas a home stuffed with baked items is any baby’s dream, my favourite half was getting to assist bake.
Whether or not they had been cookies or pies, for our circle of relatives or a cocktail party, my mother nearly at all times took the danger of letting me assist. Out of all the treats I helped bake, banana bread is the one that also stands out in my reminiscence. My tasks assorted relying on the undertaking at hand, and for banana bread, I received the very best job of all. I keep in mind standing on a kitchen chair to succeed in the counter tops, potato masher in hand, going at it on a helpless bowl of ripe bananas.
[Note to parents: baking banana bread is secretly a safe, productive (and delicious) way to channel your child’s destructive impulses.]
To this present day, I like banana bread. It’s a scrumptious and sensible method to make use of up leftover bananas earlier than they go dangerous. Typically, I even catch myself purposefully ready for my bananas to over-ripen, simply so I’ve an excuse to whip up a batch. (Hey, at the least I’m sincere.)
Straightforward, Wholesome, and Oh So Scrumptious!
These banana bread pancakes are a enjoyable and scrumptious twist on the basic fast bread. Moreover, they’re truly a lot faster to make. Whereas most fast breads take a strong hour within the oven, every pancake solely must cook dinner about six minutes. So should you’ve received a sudden banana bread craving that simply can’t wait, these pancakes are the way in which to go.
For these banana bread pancakes, we’ve additionally lightened issues up a bit. Fast breads are notoriously heavy, dense, and candy. These pancakes pack that nostalgic style right into a lighter, clear breakfast choice. This recipe makes use of entire wheat flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and almond milk to maintain your clear consuming targets on observe.
Don’t fear, even with these substitutions, these pancakes nonetheless have bananas that want mashing. When you’ve received a child decided to interrupt all the things in the home, allow them to mash their strategy to a scrumptious breakfast as an alternative. (And no judgment should you want some banana mashing stress aid your self.)
Like their OG fast bread inspiration, these banana bread pancakes style nice on their very own or topped along with your favourite unfold. Strive them with maple syrup, honey, coconut butter, or sliced banana.
This scrumptious and clear morning indulgence is ideal for a house cooked weekend breakfast. This twist on the basic fast bread is one other nice excuse to accidentally-on-purpose find yourself with a couple of leftover bananas on the finish of the week.
Banana Bread Pancakes
Two of our favourite consolation meals collide to supply us with an extremely tasty (and wholesome) breakfast choice!
US Customary – Metric
- 1 cup entire wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 bananas medium, ripe, mashed
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a separate giant mixing bowl, mix the egg, milk, oil, extract, and banana till effectively mixed. Add the flour combination and stir simply till mixed, watch out to not over combine! Gently fold within the walnuts.
- Flippantly spray a skillet with non-stick spray and warmth on medium warmth. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook dinner about 3 to 4 minutes, or till pancakes start to bubble within the heart. Rigorously flip and cook dinner for an additional 2 to three minutes. As soon as cooked, take away pancake from the pan and repeat the method till all of the batter has been used. Grease the skillet as wanted with non-stick spray in-between cooking the pancakes.
- Serve scorching, if desired prime with maple syrup, honey, coconut butter, recent fruit, or your favourite jam!
Serving: 1Pancake | Energy: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 163mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8