Scrumptious, decadent, and dairy-free!
Sticking to a nutritious weight-reduction plan is usually a problem, particularly as soon as the vacations arrive. This time of yr, we’re bombarded with candy treats like pumpkin pie. We solely have a lot will energy, am I proper? The reality is, you don’t all the time should say no to those indulgent meals! All that you must do is select more healthy variations and management your parts. Our dairy-free pumpkin pie is more healthy than basic choices however nonetheless full of the flavors you like!
A Vegetarian, Dairy-Free Dessert
Top-of-the-line methods to finish a phenomenal vacation dinner is with a pleasant, hearty slice of pumpkin pie. It presents the entire finest flavors of the season with out being overly candy or dense. We love pumpkin pie a lot that we needed to share it with extra of our family members. That’s why we determined to create a dairy-free, vegetarian choice made with out dairy. You may make it with out gluten, too!
Conventional pumpkin pie recipes use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk. Coconut milk makes a superb substitute as a result of it’s naturally candy and has an identical viscosity. Plus, coconut milk accommodates roughly half the variety of energy as sweetened condensed milk. Whereas coconut milk is plant-based, this recipe just isn’t thought of vegan as a result of it does include eggs. Most vegetarians nonetheless eat eggs although, to allow them to indulge on this tasty deal with!
Make it Gluten-Free!
Most store-bought pie crusts work wonderful for this recipe. The filling is an important half, anyway! Search for a whole-wheat or gluten-free crust, if desired. In fact, selfmade all the time tastes higher, so be happy to make your individual! We’ve got a number of totally different wholesome pie crust recipes to select from:
- Almond Crumb Pie Crust
- Maple Pie Crust
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust
Indulgent Flavors with Fewer Energy
This tremendous simple dessert captures every part you like in regards to the unique. It nonetheless accommodates the wealthy pumpkin puree, candy brown sugar, comforting vanilla, and nutty pumpkin pie spice. Whereas filled with vacation taste, every slice solely accommodates 249 energy. For some comparability, common pumpkin pie recipes are nicely over 350 energy per slice.
If you wish to splurge a bit bit extra, although, you may make this Clear Consuming Whipped Topping to go together with your pumpkin pie. Similar to this recipe, it’s additionally dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian-friendly!
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Milk
This pie captures every part you like in regards to the unique, however making it with coconut milk retains it dairy-free. Make a gluten-free model by utilizing gluten-free pie crust.
US Customary – Metric
- 1 9-inch pie crust gluten-free, if desired
- 2 eggs giant
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree canned, or 2 cups of pureed cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit.
- In a big bowl, beat collectively the eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice till they’re nicely mixed.
- Whereas stirring, add the coconut milk and blend till nicely mixed.
- Pour the filling into the ready pie crust and bake for quarter-hour.
- Scale back the warmth to 350 levels Fahrenheit and bake for an extra 35 to 50 minutes, or till the pie is about within the center. You may take a look at the filling with an instant-read thermometer. It will likely be completed when it reaches an inner temperature of 175 levels.
- Switch the pie to a cooling rack and funky fully earlier than transferring the pie to the fridge, no less than two hours.
- If not serving instantly, retailer the pie within the fridge.
Serving: 1slice | Energy: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Ldl cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 257mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12